Set Up GCP Health Checks
Adding health checks to your GCP configuration ensures that GCP will maintain the appropriate number of instances for your application.
Now that you have configured the Reblaze platform, you should set up GCP health checks and then load balancers.
For most use cases, you will need to set up two health checks and two load balancers, one for port 80 HTTP and one for port 443 HTTPS. The following steps assume that you will be setting up two health checks.
- 2.Set up the port 443 HTTPS health check:
- 1.Click Create health check in the toolbar on the top of the page.
- 2.Enter a name for the health check. For example, use healthcheck-443 for port 443 (HTTPS).
- 3.For protocol, select HTTPS.
- 4.For Request path, you can use the same one that was used for the HTTP health check.
- 5.The remaining default values are usually reasonable and you can leave them as is, or you can change these values according to your requirements.
- 6.Click Create.